The Future of Risk management … Risk Culture Building
Horst Simon, our Director-Risk was invited by the State Bank of Pakistan to deliver the Keynote Address at a regional seminar hosted by them. The SAARCFinance seminar on “Internal Audit: Emerging Challenges and Effective Practices in Central Banks” was hosted at the National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF) in Islamabad from the 27-29th March 2019 and was attended by delegates from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. The topic of his address was: “Risk Culture and Technology Risk Management”
On the second day he also delivered a joint lecture on “The Future of Risk Management” to the seminar delegates and the participants of the international commercial banking and central banking courses at NIBAF where the group included bankers from 20 countries in Africa and Asia.
SAARCFinance is a Network of Central Bank Governors and Finance Secretaries of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries and was established in 1998 with a view to opening dialogues on macroeconomic policies of the region and sharing mutual experiences and ideas.
Horst has delivered a number of public and private training programs in Pakistan since 2006 through Terrabiz Training and conferences in Karachi.
Previous key assignments included the following:
- Delivered a 2-Day public training workshop in Karachi, Pakistan, September 2017: “Auditing Risk Management end-to-end”
- Delivered an in-house 2-day “Risk DRIVE 2017” summit at Descon Engineering, Lahore, Pakistan, May 2017
- Conducted an in-house training seminar with corporate leaders of Dolmen Mall, Karachi, Pakistan, April 2017: “Risk Culture Building”
- Presented at the 1st Pakistan India Management Summit, Karachi, Pakistan, September 2012: “Balancing Risks and Opportunities”
- Conducted a 1-Day Executive Management Risk training workshop for a large bank in Pakistan: Nov 2011
- Delivered an in-house address in National Bank of Pakistan, Feb 2011: “The future of Risk Management- LIFE AFTER THE CRISIS”
- Expert lecture on Operational Risk Management at the Dadabhoy Institute of Higher Education, Karachi, Pakistan, Nov 2006
Strong Advice is dedicated to creating solutions that enable organization to successfully navigate and deal with real issue that affects the overall profitability and effectiveness of organizations and institutions we work with. Other high-impact solutions we offer includes We-Culture Building – Leadership, Team and Professional/Executive effectiveness development. Talk to us for help.